Wednesday, November 12, 2008

POOP!









Jacob teaches Jenna how to "ride the bull"

Jacob doing patty-cake with Jenna

Today was crappy. Literally. It started off with a frantic call from Brian. He forgot his vest. Yes, his bullet-proof vest that goes under his uniform. You see, he plays racket ball with the guys Wednesday mornings, then showers and goes to his part time at the jewelry store, then from there to work. It's his "long day"...he packed up his stuff last night but somehow forgot the vest. So I grabbed the kids and off we went to Richardson to take daddy his vest and some lunch.


Once we got home and ate lunch, it was nap time. I have been working on trying to get Jacob to sleep in his "big boy bed" and get out of the crib. We will be needing the crib soon, plus he jumps in it and I'm afraid he's going to break it. Anyways, after battling with him for about 30 minutes I give up and put him in the crib, then go to check email. When I go to check on him, I find him in his crib, pants off, holding his diaper saying "poop." The diaper is a little wet, but no poop...I look down and see the poop. Nice. So I clean him up, change the sheets, get him back in bed (he fell asleep fast after all the excitement) and go to lay down and Jenna had woken up. By this time she had already gotten a good 1hr nap or more. I was desperate for a nap since I worked yesterday so I play with her for a few minutes, nurse her, then lay her down. She did eventually go to sleep and so did I. Yeah!


The second poop episode happened in the early evening. I pick up the dog poop every day with a shovel so Jacob won't step in it while running around the yard. Well,he has a big shovel and I guess he had gotten a fresh pile of you know what on his shovel and was bringing it in the house to show me. Apparently it fell off the shovel right at the entry to the back door and he must have stepped in it. So I got to wash his shoes for the second time today. Mimi babysat yesterday and she let him play in the wet backyard so his shoes were all muddy.


So now for the final (I hope) poop. I had bathed Jenna and Jacob was still in the tub. He likes to sit in her bath chair when she gets out. So I was drying her off, dressing her etc when I look over and see Jacob straining. I say YOU HAD BETTER NOT!!!! I thought I caught him in time but he had squeezed out one tiny little terd. So I got him out, got the terd, then sprayed down the tub, chair, and toys with bleach water.


Geesh! What a day. On a funner note, Jacob is talking A LOT. It's amazing how fast it's happening. He sings all of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and all of his ABC's except for HIJKLMNOP but I think he's said LMNOP before. Brian has always sang his ABCs like this: ABCDEFGHI JACOB QRSTUVWXYZ so I blame him for the missing letters.


He also knows the names of all his books. He pooped in the toilet twice yesterday too, though I'm still not really pushing the whole potty training thing. He pees in the potty several times a day, usually when I take off his diaper to change it. He hasn't grasped to concept that he has to tell me when he needs to go.

Jenna is awesome. Love her, love her, love her. Enough said, right? We finally got our pictures back so I'll post some for you. Yikes, I need to go call Grandma, it's her b-day. Do you think she'll still be up? I'd better go try!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Love, love, love the pics!!!! The poop story...bless your heart....

On the ABC's, I taught the girls how to say Lemon O pee....and they go it down pat after that....

I hope you have a calm day on Thursday. Your such a good Mommy. Your babies are precious. :)

Marla said...

Love the pictures! That's a lot of poop for one day Hannah!! Looking forward to tomorrow night.

Jen said...

Love the pics! I enjoy reading your blog. You are too funny. FYI Girls Night Out at Meredith's tomorrow if you can make it.