Monday, September 29, 2008

Triple Tag

I have been tagged by 3 blogging friends so here are 6 random things about me:

1. I HATE the sound of a crying baby. Who ever said "just let them cry it out" was either deaf, heartless, or never had kids and doesn't know the love that goes with it.

2. I have east Texas roots. I can hear them coming out in Jacob; it's so sweet to hear his little Texas twang!

3. In high school, I thought I wanted to be a doctor. Actually, I wanted to be a prosthetist. No, not a prostitute! It's the person who makes and fits artificial limbs. I did an intership with one in high school but decided there wasn't enough patient care involved. Then, I did an internship at Children's Medical Center cause I thought maybe a pedi doc would be cool. That's when I decided to become a nurse. Once again, the MD had so little patient involvement.

4. I love my wedding ring. I don't understand how people can trade in their wedding rings for bigger ones. Who cares? I think a wedding ring is so special and sentimental. I'll keep my 1/2 carat forever thank you!

5. I hate being fat. It's something I'm not familiar or comfortable with. After having Jacob I really struggled with body image for the first time in my life. Don't get me wrong. I've carried an extra 15-20 lbs since college but I never felt like I was fat. I was so happy when I lost all the baby weight. Then I got pregnant again. I will be so happy when this blob on my belly and thighs shrinks.

6. I once had an enormous collection of fingernail polish. I had close to 100 colors. When I lived in the dorms, the girls would always come borrow it. I always had my nails painted. They were never very long but they still looked pretty. Then I started nursing school had no time to do my nails!

Now, if you're tagged, here's what you do:
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people
4. Please pass it on for fun...

So now I'm tagging Sarah, Wanissa, and Jen. I think they are the only ones left I know that haven't been tagged! I gotta get more blogging friends!

4 comments:

Marla said...

Girlfriend, you are not fat!!!

Elisha said...

I totally agree about the wedding ring thing. I could never trade up. I want the original.

By the way, Durl told me about Jacob telling him to "give him some bones" on Sunday after church. That cracked me up. I wish I would have heard him say it.

Jenn said...

I have east Texas roots to! Paul makes fun of me when my roots start showing (which is usually when I'm nervous or excited...or when I get around my east Texas family). Somehow, one just can't help to revert back to the twang...especially when it's "code" outside or when you get a new piece of "jury"....lol!

FAT?!!! WHERE?!!!! You look fabulous...I think there must be something wrong with your mirror!!!!

Sarah said...

Fun - I'm about to post my random things. :) How was the fair? Love, S