Thursday, September 18, 2008

Let the torture begin

Well, Jacob has decided that Jenna isn't fragile anymore. His "pat-pats" have turned to "slap-slaps"! Now that she is awake more I really think he thinks she can "play" with him. He treats her the same way he treats the dogs. That's why I think he's just "playing". One day this week he poured cold water from the Ozarka dispenser on her face (he was giving her a drink I'm sure), another day he colored on her head with one of his new washable crayons (thanks Marla!). He loves to look at her and kiss her, and now that she looks back and follows him with her eyes, that's super funny to him.

The Hawk
We have a hawk that likes to hunt the little sparrows that hang out in our backyard bushes. He was first spotted by my dad the day after Jenna was born. He has since been seen off and on. He likes to dive bomb the little birdies in the bushes. Sometimes I think he is just torturing them. Brian has been dying to get a picture of it. Well, today I was in the backyard with the camera in my hand when he appeared. He dive bombed the birds then swooped across the yard coming directly at my head. Seriously, it was about 4 ft off the ground and coming straight towards me. He was about 10 feet away when he flew up up and away. By the time I grabbed my camera and turned it on he was gone. Oh well, maybe next time.

We ran some errands yesterday. Jacob got new shoes. We pay more for his shoes that we do for our own. Not really but it seems like it, especially since he only wears them for maybe 2 months before he outgrows them. I just think it's important to have properly fitting shoes so Stride Rite gets our money every few months. We also bought him a shirt for pictures next week. I am sooooo excited about getting their pictures done. He had his 2yr check up this week; he is a whopping 24 pounds and 33 1/2 inches. He is in the 5-10% for weight but all the way in the 30-40% for height.

Jacob's first "tie" shoes!

Jenna is beautiful. She has started this open-mouth half grin thing that's really cute. She LOVES sleeping on her daddy. She is doing well at night, wakes up after about 5 hrs then again 3 hours later. The 3 hr later feeding is just a snack. I'm hoping she gives that up soon. Can you believe she is only 1 month old?!


Other than that we've just been spending lots of time outside. The weather doesn't get much better than this! We got 2 new trees this week (thanks mom) - hopefully there will be a little more shade next summer for the kidos. Jacob coming out of his "fort" in the bushes Of of the new trees: a Chinese Pistachio

1 comment:

Elisha said...

Awww...he just wants a playmate. That is cute!!

I love the pictures!