Sunday, October 5, 2008

Busy Week


In front of Big Tex
Brian, Mimi, sleepy Jacob, and fussy Jenna!

Brian took a couple of extra days off last week (which he really needed because he's been working so much overtime lately) so we stayed busy but tried to let him rest a little too!


Wednesday our friends the Reeds came in for a visit. The kids played for a while, then we went to eat. Jacob was very happy to see his Jolene. He had his first major breakdown (while in public) at the restaurant. It was over a peppermint. Oh my, it was bad. I think it lasted around 20 minutes but it felt like 2 hours.


Thursday we went to the good ole State Fair of Texas. Jacob loved Big Tex (and the trains that encircled him). We saw the dog show, the bird show, the petting zoo, the cars, all the great stuff you can buy, and BOY DID WE EAT! Brian counted up 9 different things he ate. I didn't eat quite that much but close. Him and my mom even tried the fried bacon (the line was REALLY long). I just thought it tasted like really crispy bacon but whatever. It was a long but very fun day.


I think Jacob's favorite parts were riding the "big ducks" (the swan paddle boats that are in the lagoon behind the museums) and the Science Museum. He had a blast at the museum...he LOVED the firetruck and the funny mirrors. We could have stayed there all day. Plus, we were the only ones there! That's right, we had the entire little kid's area to ourselves. You see, Thursdays are senior citizen's day at the fair so there weren't very many kids. It was a great day to go if you ask me!
Jacob the firefighter

Let me see, what else? Jenna moved up to her 3-6 month clothes this week. She is doing great; I still can't believe how cute she is. : ) Our friends Marla and Robert had their little girl on Friday. I hope to go visit tomorrow. I go back to work on Thursday so please be in prayer for Brian. I know he'll do fine with both kids but he will be tired since he works Wednesday and won't get home 'til 11 ish, then has to get up and be daddy all day.

1 comment:

Elisha said...

I love the fair!! Looks like y'all had a great time!