Sunday, August 10, 2008

We Have A Name

No baby, but we do have a name. I'm posting it so it cannot and will not change! It's officially Jenna Erin Alcorn. Cute huh?



I finished her room yesterday. I stenciled some flowers, butterflies and polka dots. It looks really cute and breaks up some of the pink!



Jacob's big boy bed is put together and in his room. He took a nap in it Friday and did great but was scared to sleep in it at night so back to the crib he went. I think if we take the crib out of his room that will help. Plus, that night it was late and dark and he had spent the evening at Mimi and Papa's house so he was a bit overstimulated anyways. We'll try again this week.



I feel horrible today. Whatever blew in is driving my allergies NUTS! Plus, I'm tired and getting very impatient. Ya know, waiting to have this kid and all.



I work tomorrow; will be my last day for a while. I wouldn't be working except that one of our nurses just quit last week (he's moving to Vegas!) so we're short staffed. I will be as useful as I can but I don't know how much good I'll be!



I am loving watching the Olympics. Jacob calls them the 'lympics. It's so cute. He's brain washed, poor thing. Brian and I are Olympics addicts. He also is doing a great job saying his last name. He's had "Jacob" down for about a month but this week Brian has worked on the "Alcorn" part and he says it really well!



Today was my friend Cari's last day at church. She's moving to Round Rock and we're going to miss her so much! I am very excited for what God has in store for her. She is a precious person.



Hopefully next post will have Jenna pics!

4 comments:

Marla said...

Love the name and love the room!!! Robert and I olympic addicts too...join the club. I saw you have Jenna this week. Probably tomorrow since you are working. You know you can call me when you go into labor. I guess I can get there faster than Brian or the mid-wife??? Of course all I'll be good for is taking Jacob to McDonalds or outside!!!

The Langfords said...

I love the room!!! Good job on the stencils. I think it makes all the difference.

Jenn said...

The room is completely adorable!

And yes, we are olympic addicts too! I was in the living room, jumping up and down, and screaming at the tv when the US men beat France in the swimming relay tonight!

I hope you have Jenna this week! I'll be praying!

Melissa said...

Jenna's room looks awesome!!! I can't wait to meet her. Can you come paint my house now??lol