Friday, August 15, 2008

JENNA IS HERE





Jenna Erin Alcorn arrived at 721 this morning. I woke up around 330am with all the thunder and rain. I knew I was cramping but didn't think this was "it" until 14min later, more cramps, then 12min later etc. I finally woke up Brian around 5 and we call the midwife. It was an exciting morning and we're so glad she's here safe and sound!


She weighed in at a whopping 9lb 2oz & 20.5 inches. She has a head full of dark brown hair and I'm pretty sure her eyes are/will be brown. Guess some of my genes finally came through! She's a doll, eats great and sleeps lots so far.


Jacob is doing well. We're working on the "gentle" factor but he's very sweet and loves to give his sister kisses. He's had fun w/ his grandparents today and was very excited this morning wake up and find out his sister is here!


Here are a few pictures. Will write more when it's more comfortable to sit!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

She's ssoooooooo gorgeous! I am so thrilled for you all. 9 pounds, wow, she's gonna grow fast!! Will call you in a few days to see how you are doing. Look forward to meeting Jenna. She's is gonna love her room too!!

Sarah said...

YAY!!! That's so exciting! I can't get over all that hair... You're going to have so much fun with bows. :) Enjoy her!

Jenn said...

Congratulations Hannah, Brian, and Jacob! Baby Jenna is just beautiful! She kind of reminds me of Samantha when she was first born (Samantha weighed 9lbs, 6oz and had the same dark hair and cute face). I can't wait to see her....I'll have to bring her gift to you sometime soon...that's the excuse I'm going to use to come see her!

Jen said...

She is precious! What a beautiful family. Congratulations.

Jen

Elisha said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful!!

Marla said...

Congratulations! I love that I get to brag that I've already seen and held her!!!