Thursday, August 14, 2008

23 Months



Today Jacob is 23 months! I cannot believe how time has flied. He is such an angel and I love him so much. Here are some the things my little dumpling knows/does:

Knows all his animal sounds AND names (he identifies them by name instead of sound)


Knows most all the colors


Says ABC's up to G


Counts to 3


Sings "Twinkle Twinkle" and "Holy, Holy, Holy"


Loves to play with "chalks" aka sidewalk chalk or colors


LOVES to read books, especially "Some Babies" "A Ride in a Beach Buggy" and "I Love You Mommy"


Loves to play outside. His favorite is playing with the water hose or with his lawn mower.


Still won't sleep in his big-boy bed


Thinks the dogs are ponies and loves to play chase with them. He still thinks they are hilarious.


Says the following phrases: I love you (i lov lu) Miss you! I get it. I see you. God-a-Mighty!

Says "welcome" when someone says thank you OR if you tell him to say thank you!


Still sleeps with paci and both loveys.


Is very friendly to strangers and says HI to just about everyone everywhere.


Takes a 2-3 hr nap in the afternoon.


Loves to eat hot dogs w/ ranch and CHEEPS (chips). Also likes turkey and cheese sandwiches, chicken nuggets and his favorite foods (like his mama) are breakfast foods like pancakes, waffles, egss, and biscuits.


Can identify all 12 of his professional "peoples" (see picture at top). They include: fire-fighter (his favorite), cop, chef, teacher, doctor, nurse, computer man, construction worker, business woman, pilot, mail man, and mechanic.


Ok. I'll stop bragging now. Just kidding. He just makes me ooze with happiness! I can hardly wait to see what the next one brings. She should be coming any time now. My cervix is making some serious progress so now we continue to wait. I think that sermon on Sunday (on waiting on God) was for me!!! Here are a few maternity pics.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

What precious pictures!

I can't believe you have not had Jenna yet!!!! I've been waiting for the announcement all week!!!!

Elisha said...

I loved reading all the stuff that he does. Too cute!!

Melissa said...

Well, I just got the email saying that Jenna is here!!!! How exciting for you all. I'll be praying for you this week as you adjust to having a whole new world once again. :) Jenna has a wonderful family.
Love ya!