Sunday, August 31, 2008

Jeannie's


Alright locals, here is the scoop on Jeannie's (the new restaurant at 544a and McCreary)...it's an all-you-can-eat buffet! We went for lunch and they had about 5 main entrees and 6 side dishes, plus 2 desserts. I think it was around $8 for lunch. The food was pretty good. I had BBQ chicken, carrots, corn and macaroni and a salad and a roll and dessert. How am I ever going to lose this baby weight????

I got Jenna lots of clothes at the consignment sale on Saturday. There were SO MANY people there. It is usually during the week so it being on a weekend day made it big difference! I got Jacob a few things too but I mainly needed short-sleeved shirts for him and this was their "winter sale" so all the clothes were for winter. I didn't have time to look at the other stuff (other than clothes) which is good b/c I already went $12 over budget!

My aunt, uncle and cousin are in town from Houston this weekend. We met them and my parents for lunch Saturday, then they hung at the house for a while. They go back tomorrow and I'm guessing they'll be getting their house ready for the hurricane. Every time they get a hurricane or big rain/floods their street goes underwater. All the houses are quite a bit higher than the street; their driveway is very steep. Anyway, they've lived there for around 6 years now and I know they have had boats on their streets multiple times rescuing people and animals etc.

Today another aunt (my mom has 3 sisters) and her husband came for a visit. They live in Palestine (far east TX). It was nice to just relax and visit, and Jacob had a blast! My aunt is a 1st grade teacher and her and Jacob read lots of books, did puzzles, and played with lots of toys. Between her kids and Jeff's kids they have 10 grand kids!

Tomorrow I plan on taking a nap. Today was day 2 in a row with no nap and I'm starting to feel it!

1 comment:

Marla said...

I went to the sale Saturday too but not until 11:00 so it wasn't too crowded. I have a bag of 18 month winter clothes for Jacob if you want them.