Monday, February 23, 2009

Nature Walk

Yesterday when Brian got home from work, we went on a walk like we do almost every day. This particular walk, though, was busting full of God's wonderful creatures! As I said before, we walk daily, almost always this same route and we occasionally see a critter but nothing like yesterday. It all started with a pair of red birds. They were flirting, I think. Then, out of the corner of my eye I spotted a splash of bright blue...it was a blue bird! I LOVE blue birds (NOT blue jays) and hardly ever see them. They are small, a little bigger than finches and their bellies are tan but their wings, head and back are bright cobalt blue. Gorgeous! The picture below is him in the tree. You can't see his blue-ness 'cause he's not flying but trust me, he was awesome!
Then, down the trail we saw a bunny. He darted off into the brush but as we approached the area he had been, there was another bunny standing there.
Finally, the last creature we saw was a squirl. I kept looking for a snake but thankfully never saw one!
This is a giant old tree on the walking trail I just love. Brian wanted to let Jacob climb on it. I took a ton of pictures of course (see dropshots). Jacob is already trying to climb the wimpy trees in our backyard.

Me and my sweet baby girl. She is growing way too fast. I love her to pieces!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

cmchrisk said...

The simplicity of nature and having fun with family. What more can a mom ask for?

Marla said...

Kolton looked at the picture of you and Jenna and asked "is that Emma"...lol