Saturday, January 31, 2009

Tub Invader

This past 2 weeks Jacob has decided that he is 2 after all. When his birthday came and went, I thought "this terrible 2 thing isn't so bad!" Sure he would have his moments, sometimes even his days of terribleness but now it's official.

Yesterday when I went to lay Jenna down for her morning nap, I came back downstairs (we're talking like 1 minute later) he had poured an entire bottle of syrup on the floor. Fun. So, I spent the morning mopping the kitchen which needed to be done anyways but that's not the point.

Then, when I took a load of laundry upstairs a little later, my little darling had come inside (he was happily playing outside when I took the laundry up) with his tricycle, mud covering the tires and his shoes. He left lovely mud tracks across my clean kitchen floor.

A little later when I was feeding Jenna he took off his pants and started pulling off his diaper. I jumped up just in time to contain what was in his diaper.

He has gotten into the fridge and freezer I don't know how many times in the past few days. It's time for an appliance latch!

So, next time you see me and I'm bald you will know why! Seriously, I keep telling Brian that we (meaning me and Jacob) are not going to survive this 2 thing. He told me "it's almost done. We only have 8 more months." He was serious! How convient that he's at work all day while I'm going nuts!

Jacob has also been sick all week. And he hasn't had a nap since Monday when my MIL rocked him to sleep. He's decided he doesn't need naps again. Didn't we just go through this?

About him being sick...this little bout of bronchitis (that's my diagnosis) has been much less severe than his norm. I don't know if it's because I've gone somewhat holistic or if it's just coincidence, but we get this same bronchitis over and over during the winter and I can see a BIG difference this time.

He has been on echinacea and elderberry (immune boosting herbs) since the beginning of the month, and I have added vit C with echinacea plus a multi vitamin that he will actually eat since being sick. I'm not doing any of his normal antihistamine/decongestants. Just using essential oils rubbed on his feet, chest, and diffused in his room. So there you have it.

We still do breathing treatments several times a day but those never seem to make a huge difference for him. I mostly do them so I can do CPT after and knock all the mucous loose. Oh, and I've taken him off wheat and milk as much as possible. He loves his wheat free chips and cookies but not the bread. And he really loves his toffuti (tofu based) ice cream sandwiches!

One more quick tidbit. Last night before bed we couldn't find the paci. Jacob spent over an hour in his room playing when he was supposed to be sleeping and I have no idea where he put it. So, too bad. Paci is gone. It took him a little longer to go to sleep but he did it! I have no plans of resurrecting it either. Now I just have to find it before he does!

Oh, I almost forgot! My tub invader story. Duh! So, I put Jenna down for a nap this morning while my bath was running. I was about to go into the bathroom with Jacob when I noticed a funk. Jacob's diaper, that is. So off we went to change him. I changed his diaper and put pants on but he ran off before I could get his shirt on. So I grabbed the stinky diaper and went and got a bag from Jenna's room to put it in, then went to the bathroom to find Jacob and finish getting him dressed. Well he had taken off his pants and diaper and was standing in MY bath. Little stinker. So we had a nice bath together this morning.

3 comments:

cmchrisk said...

Your story was quite nice and I was pleased that my thought of tub invader did not involve something that should've been in the toilet, but a little one in the tub enjoying the warm water. Yay! for the great disappearance of the paci! That is something we need to do shortly.

Unknown said...

Just wait until Jacob turns 3, then 4, then 5....it keeps getting better and better!!

Marla said...

That was me commenting, not Robert :)