Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Road to Recovery

Jacob is on the road to recovery, I hope! We went and saw Dr. Mandujano (one of the docs I work for) yesterday. We switched antibiotics and re-cultured his boogers. Hopefully we're on the right drug for whatever he ends up growing.

He is doing a little better. Less snot and only a rare cough. He is currently taking a nap in his bed for the second time for me! It took an hour but I won!

Jenna is laying on the floor trying to roll over. I thought she did it last night but then I realized that Jacob gave her that little extra push she needed to get all the way over. She has rolled from her stomach to her back, and I think she'll get the reverse very soon. She doesn't get to try as much as Jacob since the floors downstairs are all wood. I put a blanket down and lay her on it but it's still slippery and hard for her to do her thing.

I decided this morning that all stay-at-home moms should get a stipend from the government for a monthly house cleaning. I think it's only fair. We have seen what happens when parents aren't around to raise their kids. We should reward those who make the SACRIFICE to stay home (yes, I know it is also a HUGE privilege but it is also a huge sacrifice) by providing a good deep cleaning of their home. Ok, so I just don't want to scrub my baseboards, and they need it bad! Sorry for the randomness there; can you tell I'm tired????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, now this is my thought about the house cleaning thing. For some reason I always find satisfaction cleaning someone else's home and not mine.. A small group of SAHM, if they feel like I do, should get together and rotate houses once a week. I would clean yours, you would clean mine..... Okay, I'll come down from the dream state.

Sarah said...

I second that motion! I don't want to clean my baseboards either. :)