Thursday, June 25, 2009

We're Walking, We're Walking...

Yep, that's right. Jenna is officially a walker! This girl has been trying to keep up with her brother for months now! She is now one "step" closer!

I really can't believe how quickly she started walking. I remember the progression from cruising to standing to walking taking MUCH longer with Jacob. Jenna just started pushing her walker around about a week and a half ago!

Monday (June 22) when I got home from work I saw her take 4 steps. My mom had told me, "Hannah, I hate to bust your bubble but she took a couple steps SEVERAL times today." I was still in my "it's just a fluke" mind set. Right after she left, I saw Jenna walk and my denial came to a halt. Today, she has been working on her steering. You know, turning while you walk.

Other random tidbits: Jenna thinks every diaper change is a wrestling match. I have a little copper bell I keep handy to distract her. She is nuts. She will flip around as soon as you lay her down. And flipping OFF the couch doesn't phase her a bit. Great, another fearless kid! Are they all that way?

She is loving "real" food. She'll still take baby food but not as much as she used to. She knows the real stuff follows the mush so she has come to expect it! Last night she had diced peaches. Yum!

Jacob is my precious pumpkin. He loves playing with the water hose and he mows and weed eats every day. He's such a perfectionist!

When Jenna is bugging him he yells "NO Jenna! Go thata way!" He's usually very good and patient with her but he has his moments. I think he secretly likes having a playmate. He show Jenna how the toys work and will hand her stuff to play with.

I am STILL waiting for him to be "ready" for potty training. I think I should have ignored every one last year who told me he was too young. He was much more interested in the potty then than he is now. Oh well. Live and learn!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay, Jenna!!! What a big milestone!

When will Jacob be 3? Clayton got really stubborn about potty training right before he finally figured it out. He would flat out say to me, "I'm going to wear stinky diapers forever." It almost drove me INSANE! Then one day he just turned the corner. He was 33 months. Hang in there - he'll get it!

Marla said...

Because of Josh I think Emma will grow to think her name is "Emma No".