Friday, June 12, 2009

Smiles

SIDE NOTE: I actually wrote this a week ago but am just now posting...have been waiting for my camera to cooperate so I could post pics with it. Thought I had it fixed but obviously not so I'll post pics when I can.

My kids are so fun, and funny! I thought I'd share some of the funny stuff they have been up to.


Jacob has been doing this for a while but I guess I thought it was just one of those things 2 yr olds do. But because so many people have pointed it out, I guess it's just a Jacob thing. You see, he puts the person's name that he is speaking to at the end of EVERY sentence. He must say "Yes Mama" 2000 times a day. Not kidding.

For example, he will say "Look Mama" then "this alligator is hungry Mama." When I ask what he thinks the alligator needs he replies, "I think he needs some tylenol Mama." I ask if the alligator is sick and get "No Mama. He just needs some medicine Mama." Anyways you get the point. If it's not Mama it's Dada or Nana or Mimi or whoever. It's so cute and makes me smile : )

A few nights ago we were playing in Jacob's room getting ready for bed. Both kids were wallering on us (Brian and I were laying on the floor). Jacob then stood up and started pressing on Brian's hip (he was laying on his side). Brian immediately noticed that Jacob was being the chiropractor. Brian has been taking the kids with him to his chiropractor appointment on Wednesdays. Guess Jacob was paying attention.

Jenna has started doing this cheesy grin. It totally cracks me up. She started doing it randomly so I started doing it back to her. Now when I do, she'll do it back. She scrunches up her nose, squints her eyes and smiles where you can see all her teeth!

Every time I turn around she standing up in the middle of the room. She has even taken a couple of steps! At first I thought it might just be a fluke (or so I told myself) but she keeps doing it (darn it!). She loves to push around the old-school walker. She went from having no interest in it to loving it. That is, when she can get it away from her brother. She can walk across the room while holding onto only one of your fingers. Yikes!

She loves to imitate sounds as well as motions. If you nod your head, she nods. If you sway back and forth, she sways etc. Her and Jacob imitate each other so well sometimes I don't know who is who!

That's all for now. Will add pictures asap!

No comments: