Wednesday, May 20, 2009

LOOK MA! and FIRE!

NO HANDS!!! Jenna has been balancing more and more lately. She did stand up from a squat successfully on Sunday too.


She likes to try and stand up in the bath tub. I have to continually tell her "Jenna, you CANNOT stand up in the bath" to which she replies with a smile, "BAAA!" We repeat this over and over until the bath is finished.
Jacob has a new favorite toy. His sticks have kept him entertained for hours the past few weeks. He goes around "weed-eating" with them. Well, a friend of my mom got him this bubble gun. It doesn't work well for bubbles but it makes a cool sound (like a weed eater says Jacob) so he goes around "zapping" things like weeds, leafs, bugs, etc.
Jacob and one of his sticks.
Sunday was a big day for Jacob. He was playing in the backyard and Jenna was inside so I was going back and forth when I kept hearing this loud humming noise. I would hear it when I was outside and inside. Eventually I wondered to the front of the house and the noise was even louder. Finally, I opened the front door and parked right in front of our house was a fire truck!
I ran to the back yard and told Jacob, who of course immediately came running (now I know how to get him to come inside for dinner). We all went outside to check it out. Our neighbors informed us that our neighbor across the street had a close call with her refrigerator. The motor shorted out and started smoking. She ran outside and got our neighbor who grabbed their fire extinguisher and put out the "fire" before real flames erupted.
While we were talking, one of the fire fighters saw us admiring the truck and invited Jacob to come check it out. He was in HEAVEN! He must have spent 15 minutes or more in that truck. Eventually, the rest of the fire fighters came out of Ms. Patti's house. Jacob got to meet all of them. He wore their helmet, put on their earphones, shined their super bright flashlight, sat in their seat...Eventually several other neighbor kids came down to check it out, but they were in and out. Not my boy. I kept telling them they were going to have to kick him out or he'd stay all day!
Of course my camera was inside. If I had known that he would sit there that long I would have ran inside to get it but I didn't want to just dump my child on the fire fighters and take off! Oh well. He did get a full set of the Wylie Fire Rescue trading cards. The guys (and one girl) were so sweet to let my little Jacob's dreams come true!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my gracious - Jenna looks SO BIG standing all by herself!!! I bet she is going to be an early walker, huh? Brace yourself, Mama, your girl is racing through babyhood at record speed!

That is so cute about Jacob and the firefighters. Clayton is mesmorized by them, too. Do you have any of those Rescue Hero action figures? Fisher Price doesn't make them anymore, but we bought some off of Ebay. They made a firefighter named Billy Blazes. He is Clayton's favorite. We have an extra if Jacob would like it. :)

cmchrisk said...

Oh how big they are getting! I am going to try and work 4 days a week this summer. Maybe we can get together and have the boys play. I know Timothy loves playing with Jacob.