Saturday, May 16, 2009

9 Months

It's been a busy week! Jenna turned 9 months yesterday. I cannot believe 9 months have passed since I first saw her precious juicy face. I am so incredibly blessed and I love her more than I ever thought possible.
Jenna FINALLY learned how to clap. I worked with her on clapping a few months ago and she was NOT interested. But for some reason this week, she decided it was time and started clapping.
She has also been playing a new "arms up" game. The way it works is she will pull herself up on something, usually the door or the ottoman, then lift her arms above her head and see how long she can balance. Sometimes it's only a second, other times it's 5-10 seconds.
She is also starting to try to stand up from the squatting position.
Jacob enjoys playing leap frog over his sister. He loves to throw food on the floor for her. I have to be very careful with giving him snacks because he purposefully either gives Jenna his food or leaves it for her to find. This morning he got a lollipop for going potty. Jenna really enjoyed it. There was a puddle of drool on the floor and sticky drool all over her arm from sucking on it.
My sweet boy can tell you what street he lives on and both his parent's names. I guess address and phone number are next. He cracks me up non-stop...I need to start writing down the crazy stuff he says. He is VERY strong willed and VERY sensitive which is making the "2's" challenging. But from what I hear if it's not the terrible 2's it's the terrible 3's or 4's so I'm happy to get it out of the way.
Although we have enjoying playing in the rain, we are looking forward to a dry week. We have lots of errand running to do before vacation!
Jacob and Jenna at 9 months
Posted by Picasa

No comments: