Friday, April 3, 2009

Beauty Queen

One of Jenna's nicknames is "beauty queen." Not because she is gorgeous, although that is a good reason. The real reason is...When I was about 38 weeks pregnant, we decided officially on Jenna's name. It had been Jenna for a while but we were having a hard time with the middle name. I wanted Elizabeth but Brian didn't like it. However, he couldn't come up with something better so it stuck...for a while. Then one day he came with the brilliant idea to name her Jenna Erin. I had wanted to use the name Erin if we ever had a girl (after my brother) but it didn't work with any of the first names we had first come up with and somehow we forgot about it. Anyways, when I told my grandmother that her name was going to be Jenna Erin instead of Jenna Elizabeth she said "Well, it's not like she's going to be Miss America or anything." Oh Grandma! I think she was trying to say it wasn't as formal of a name but she really did like it.
This was a rainy day so Jenna's hair was bouncy. So sweet! I just love those little curls.
Here she is stuck up against her exersaucer. She backs herself into corners then flips over to try and roll out.
This is her tee-pee. She now goes from this to the runners lunge position. She will move one foot up but the other foot well, it doesn't cooperate yet. I wonder if she is going to bear crawl before she crawls.
A piggy day.
Posted by Picasa
Jacob blowing the duck call...so funny!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I wouldn't rule out Miss America - look at those eyes! :-)