Sunday, March 15, 2009

Two and a Half



As of today, Jacob is 2 1/2! That means that as of yesterday, Jenna is 7 months! But back to my precious baby boy...I can still remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. I remember seeing his tiny little 6lb body for the first time. His LONG sandy hair and bright blue eyes. The way he calmed immediately as soon as he was in his daddy's arms. It's hard to believe that was 30 months ago!


Here are some funny things he has said recently. Yesterday, after biting into a plum he announced "Sour Cream!" Apparently the plum was a bit tart. The other day we were out running errands and we passed an old pickup truck that was about 20,000 miles past due for an oil change and Jacob said "Pew-ew truck, what'd you eat?!" This is also what he says about himself when he is stinky! He has started saying "I'm sorry. I forgive you." sort of the same way he used to say "Thank you. You're welcome." He frequently says "I didn't like that..." What is it about being 2 and not liking ANYTHING!?

He is not really digging Jenna's mobility. He frequently says "No Jenna. That my toy." We are working on sharing. I usually just ask him to give Jenna another toy if he wants the one she has. She doesn't seem to care YET as long as she has something to play with. He has perfected Jenna's "growl." You see, Jenna rarely cries but when she is tired or hungry, she will start to growl. It starts out as a quiet throaty growl and progresses to a loud, deep, mean, throaty growl. Anyways, Jacob will growl back at her which typically makes her laugh, at least for a second. This is him sporting Jenna's bow.

Jacob loves Dora and Calliou. He still loves Wonder Pets and Jack's Big Music Show. He will watch just about anything on Noggin and is going for longer stretches now. If he likes a show, he will usually watch for 15-20 minute stretches. It's helpful for when I'm feeding Jenna or need to clean up.

Jacob is very innovative. He know what he wants and likes and what he "no like." Yesterday he got the giant package of toilet paper, scooted it over to the counter, and climbed up it to reach the cookies. He has also climbed on top of the love seat, over the bar, and onto the counter to get some fruit. We're still working on the asking...Mr. Independent! Fish Face

He's still my outside boy. I don't think that will ever change. Well, at least until he discovers video games. He still loves his lawn mower and sand box. A new favorite of his is to fill up a bucket with sand, dump it on the bottom of his slide, then slide down into the sand. Needless to say, we will be re-filling the sandbox soon. He loves our walks. He likes to tell me everything he sees..."look ma, a blue truck. another blue truck! pretty flower. oooh! it windy!...." He often talks or sings or mutters non-stop during our walks.

Trucks, especially dump trucks and diggers are his favorite toys. We still read lots of books before bed. Some days he likes to read them during the day, it goes in spurts. He loves his chalkboard and his fishing magnet games.

He loves cookies. He probably uses the word cookie an average of 20 times a day. He also loves macaroni and hot dogs and turkey with tortilla. He is a fruit monster, he passes on the veggies unless it's salad with ranch. The best way to get him to eat is to let him eat off my plate. My food still tastes better for some reason.

My darling baby boy. I love him so much. And yes, he is definitely a mama's boy. And always will be, as far as I'm concerned!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a cutie pie! I love documenting all of the stuff that our kids are doing/saying. It's going to be so fun to look back at...

Glad that you're enjoying your sweet boy. It just gets better and better, right? :)

cmchrisk said...

I can't believe how fast our little ones are growing up! I heard you were going to put Jacob in MDO at church. I think timothy would love to go there with him and katherine. I love your pictures. Have you ever thought about taking pictures for people?