Sunday, January 17, 2010

No Mas Leche

Well folks, after almost 17months, Jenna is no longer nursing. It's a long story but basically I started an antibiotic for a sinus infection and didn't even think to look and see if it was safe to take while nursing until the second day I was on it. Of all the families of antibiotics, I was on the one that is least safe (quinolones). So I decided to try and skip our nightly nursing ritual and Jenna didn't seem to mind much. The second night I had quit taking the antibiotic because it made me nauseous but I made the decision that we were done. And that was that. She only asked for "mamas" a few times and I just told her it was all gone. She didn't argue. It's bitter sweet. It was the only "alone" time me and Jenna got all day and I really enjoyed the bond. But it's nice to be milk-free too. I love you Jenna and I'm proud of us for lasting as long as we did!

On a random note, I keep forgetting to blog Jenna's obsession with candles. She LOVES them. I have no idea where it started. Actually, I do. It started with a candle at my parent's house that had a lid. It was in a wooden acorn container and she loved to take the lid off and on. Last month she discovered my candle stash in the armoire and it's been non-stop from there. I do worry a little about the fact that they are mostly glass jars but so far so good.

Jacob is going to start gymnastics with his buddy Ephrem. He would start this week but I have to work so he'll start next week. He still loves playdough and markers. He likes making circles and ovals and sometimes triangles. He is so happy to be back in school and I am so happy about that too!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, Hannah, that's amazing that you nursed for so long! I could barely hang in for 9 months. :)

With both of my kids, I had very mixed emotions about weaning. I was sad that it was over, but I finally felt like myself again, you know? Bittersweet is the right word, for sure.

Loved the new pictures and stories about the kids! :)

chris said...

Nursing is such a personal and wonderful experience. I'm glad you and your daughter have that bond. Your children are beautiful. Thanks for considering my blog one you like to visit. Have a wonderful day!