Friday, July 2, 2010

gymnast/big girl

I have no idea why I can't move the pics into place...but I wrote this last week and don't have the patience to fix it so just pretend the pics are in the right place, ok? silly boy dressed himself

crazy hair!
Jacob and Ephrem at gym
big girl
getting his medal at gym

There's no point in me trying to catch up on blogging so I'll just hit the highlights. Sometime in May, between the ages of 20-21 months Jenna decided to grow up. She started speaking in sentences, using the potty, sassing her mama, eating cereal in a bowl with milk and a spoon, not wanting to nap, etc.

She is such little jewel! Her hair is getting curlier and blonder. Some of the girls at work were looking at our pictures from vacation and one of them said "who's that little girl and where's Hannah's daughter!" She has changed SO MUCH since she was born it's hard to believe it's the same person!

Jacob finished up his first year of preschool. We are really looking forward to having Ms. Lettie as his teacher next year. I have known her for years and have heard so many great things about her class.
Jacob had gymnastics show off day at the end of May. It was fun and we got to take pictures. Jacob loves going to gymnastics. His teacher Coach Karen is really great. She's the coach for the team girls and she's very down to business but really awesome with the kids too. I feel like he is really learning some gymnastic skills and I'm not just paying for 45min of play (it's the former gymnast in me, I can't help it!).

My Uncle Mike lost his 4 1/2 year battle with cancer (melanoma) on June 4. It was a very hard time for my family. My "baby" cousin Jonathan graduated from high school 5 days prior to his father's death. I have never in my life, including in my years as a nurse, seen ANYONE fight harder than my Uncle Mike fought. He is missed.

Three days after returning from my uncle's funeral in Houston, we left for vacation in the Carolinas. I'll do a separate post on that eventually. I've been working lots of extra shifts since half our nursing staff is off during the summer...the extra cash is nice but I'd rather be home with my babes!

Brian started nights last weekend. I was very leery about this but so far it's been fine. He gets up around the same time he used to get home from work so it's really no different. I've got our room all darkened and have a big, loud box fan for noise. He's back to working with his buddies and I think he's alot happier, which makes me happy too ; )
We're off to play in the rain. Vacation post to come....

No comments: