Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mama

My darling girl is FINALLY saying Mama. Well, not really. It's more like MAAAAAma! She only says it, actually YELLS it, when she's mad or upset. She will storm around downstairs looking for me while yelling for me. She did say mom a few times tonight while nursing. It was sweet.

She is such a climber. I never thought my girl would be more of a monkey than Jacob. Yesterday, she climbed the slide in the backyard all the way up to the top. She was about one foot from the top but couldn't quite get over that first hump. Crazy girl! She has just "discovered" the backyard this past week or so. She used to hang out on the patio but now she roams the yard. She had her first dog poop encounter today too.



Jacob has a super cool new train set. He loves it! Thank goodness for grandparents! It's really cool. You can put it together all different ways and it has 4 engines and each one has it's one remote control!


Potty training is going well too. He wears undies all day and diapers at night (he takes off pull-ups for some reason). He is usually a tiny bit wet in the mornings so I haven't tried undies at night. This pic was last Sunday after church-he wore his undies to church and did great! We are still struggling with poop. He can go in the potty and usually does when we bribe him to but he won't go on his own. Any and all suggestions welcome! Going "out" in undies totally freaks me out. I guess we'll have to take that as it comes.



My beautiful princess. She is really developing a personality! Sh'es such a doll-baby!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That is so sweet that Jenna is saying "Mama"! I love that...

Dog poop, huh? Care to elaborate? Good times, I'm sure. :)

That is a really neat train set. Is it one of those Geo Tracks? Clayton got a remote control air plane thingy that they make. It looks similar.

Jenna is a pretty girl. She has gorgeous eyes. What a cutie!

Marla said...

Emma has been saying mama for a while now. It's so cute! And she knows mama is me!

Kolton was "potty trained" and used to yell "I need a diaper" when he needed to poop. Finally one night I sat him on the little potty and told him we weren't leaving the bathroom until he went!!!!! Josh still wears a pull up at night!!!

Totally gross about the dog poop. Jenna is so cute.