Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eve Eve and Eve

We decided to let the kids open a few presents when I got home from work on 12/23 since it would be the last time it was just our family of 4 together until after Christmas.

Jenna got a turtle tambourine and some nesting barrels and Jacob got a garbage truck and a recycle truck. I found the recycle truck in one of my parenting magazines. It's made by a company called Green Toys. Their toys are made from recycled milk jugs. The recycle truck came with cardboard pieces that had printed on them newspapers, cans, and bottles. There is a slot for each on the side of the truck. Super cute!On Christmas Eve while Jenna was napping, Jacob and I decorated a pre-assembled gingerbread house. It was way fun. A few of my friends had bought the kit but said they had a hard time keeping the roof from caving in so my friend Sharon suggested the pre-assembled version. It was so great I think I'll stick with it until one of the children insists otherwise!Brian's family came over Christmas Eve. Brian worked both Christmas Eve and Christmas day but he was home by 3 so it wasn't too bad. Here we are eating...crab legs are a hit with this group!

Jacob and Jenna got about a million toys. This is Jacob checking out his Spiderman shaving kit.
Jacob with his new tool belt.
Jenna saying CHEESE!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Very fun! I love Jacob's recycling truck. What a cool boy toy!

Clayton has that same shaving kit. He loves "being Daddy." :)